No one denies the advantages of doing activities via WhatsApp groups, since they allow easier and more fluid communication by not having to be in person with colleagues from school, university or work. In fact, WhatsApp makes it easier to reach agreements and sometimes speeds up work remotely. However, there are times when the participants are too many or very active and the group can become awkward at certain times.
We all have ever been added to a WhatsApp group in which they interact at all times or share too many multimedia files. In these cases, the phone does not stop ringing for notifications and it is impossible to leave the group as a courtesy. Luckily in Hello Telcel We share with you a basic guide to be able to go unnoticed within the group and subtly ignore them.
Do not forget that to continue communicating with your friends, colleagues and family via WhatsApp you can take advantage of the fact that with your Telcel Max Unlimited Plan accounts with unlimited social networks and connectivity to #TelcelLaMejorRed with the highest Coverage and Speed.
Also read: WhatsApp will add three new functions. Know what it is about!
Guide to ignoring a WhatsApp group chat
The first step is to mute the group indefinitely, so you will not receive constant notifications and messages will not interrupt you at important moments.
- Update WhatsApp from Google play or App Store.
- Open the app from your phone and enter the group chat that you want to ignore.
- Click on the name of the chat at the top and the group settings will open.
- Select the option ‘Mute notifications’ and three more options will appear: ‘8 hours’, ‘1 week’ or ‘Always’, choose the last one.
A shortcut to mute the group is from the chat tray. Press and hold the group chat you want to ignore. A muted audio icon will appear, press it and choose the ‘Always’ option.
The second step is to prevent the media files shared in the WhatsApp group that you ignore from taking up memory on your phone and saving storage space.
- So that the photos and videos are not downloaded automatically, in the same settings menu as the previous step by step, select the option ‘Visibility of multimedia files’ and choose ‘No’. If your phone is iPhone, this option appears as ‘Save to Photos’, select it and choose ‘Never’.
- Similarly, activate the ‘Temporary messages’, which will be deleted within 24 hours, 7 or 90 days.
Ready! You already have everything you need to go unnoticed as a participant in a WhatsApp group. Apply the tips and let us know if they have been useful to you.
The entry Learn how to ignore WhatsApp groups to go unnoticed appears first in Hola Telcel – Blog of Movies, Music, Gaming and Mobile Technology.