During WWDC 2021 Apple presented the new versions of its operating systems: iOS 15, iPadOS 15, macOS 12, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15
This June 7th, the World Developers Conference (WWDC) 2021 began. Manzana presented its news regarding its software.
As expected the Cupertino company presented the new updates of its different operating systems. Although their arrival date is unknown, the versions were released: iOS 15, iPadOS 15, macOS 12, watchOS 8 Y tvOS 15.
Get to know the new versions of Apple operating systems
It is the update of the operating system for iPhone. This version contains great advantages especially in some of its Applications.
Among the new arrivals are:
- Facetime comes to Windows and Android, it also incorporates improvements in the sound and incorporates some functions similar to Zoom.
- SharePlay, a function that allows content to be played simultaneously remotely.
- iMessage you will have direct access to other applications, which will facilitate when sharing content.
- Focus is a feature that limits notifications to avoid distractions in certain environments. It will also provide suggestions for doing a certain activity over a period of time.
- Live text now in the photographs the text will be recognized to pass it digitally. Those strokes can then be transferred to other applications, such as a word processor.
- The searcher Spotlight Now you can display content related to what appears in the photos.
- With Photo Memories movies can be created with the photos that are stored.
- Wallet now it will be compatible with domestic keys and identity documents.
- Apple Maps includes more information and details of monuments. If used at night, the night mode that adjusts according to the moon’s brightness is activated.
The tablets of Manzana will also undergo the update of their operating system.
- The Widgets they are now available on the desktop and allow you to view more information.
- Now it is possible to create different spaces through the lower “shelf” and make the experience faster and smoother.
- The Quick Note to iPads, these are integrated with different applications.
- With iPadOS 15 it is possible to translate automatically and to integrate with the live text.
- Swift Playground allows you to develop an app entirely on the iPad and publish it directly in the App Store.
Devices that update with iPadOS 15:
- iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11 ″ (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11 ″ (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11 ″ (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5 ″
- iPad Pro 9.7 ″
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
macOS 12 Monterey
This is the operating system that you use on your desktops and laptops.
- Now you can control multiple devices Manzana with a single keyboard and mouse. In addition, it will allow you to share files between the iPad or Mac with just drag and drop.
- With macOS 12 Monterey new shortcuts arrive that automate actions in different apps. Although there will be some predetermined movements, users will be able to create their own.
- With Airplay On the Mac you can share files between mobile devices Manzana and your desktop or laptop computers.
- Safari will allow to group tabs with ‘Tab Groups’.
Devices that update with macOS 12 Monterey:
- iMac Late 2015 and Later
- Mac Pro late 2013 and later
- iMac Pro Late 2017 and Later
- Mac mini late 2014 and later
- MacBook Air early 2015 and later
- MacBook Pro early 2015 and later
The Apple Watch will also have an update.
- The Breathe app has changed to Meditate, and new assisted and mindful breathing techniques will now be offered to help users stay calm and ease anxiety.
- The sleep monitoring app will now be able to detect the respiratory rhythm while the user is asleep.
- On watchOS 8 Taichi and Pilates are added. What’s more Apple Fitness will have new sessions with more videos, monitors and music options.
- The photo app has simplified your view of previous memories and now you can share collections from the watch itself, send messages with emoji or GIFs.
Devices that update with watchOS 8:
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch SE
- Apple Watch Series 6
Manzana it also improves the operating system for televisions.
- With SharePlay You can view the same content with other people, even if they are on the other side of the world through a video call.
- The ‘Shared with you’ section is added with which the user can access any content that has been shared with you and that is reproducible on tvOS 15.
- With the update you can link two HomePod mini and configure them as audio output of our television.
- There is also greater interaction with Siri so content can be played without navigating the system menus.