In the next article we are going to take a look at AnyDesk. For those users who do not know it yet, say that this is a remote desktop application, which according to their website, is possibly the most comfortable in the world. It will allow us to access all programs, documents and files from anywhere, without having to trust our data to a cloud service. It is a good alternative to TeamViewer.
As indicated on their website, Anydesk provides a faster remote connection than any other existing remote desktop application. We can connect to a computer remotely from the other end of the office or from anywhere in the world. Thanks to AnyDesk, we will have secure and reliable remote desktop connections for IT professionals and users on the go.
AnyDesk general features
- AnyDesk can be run on both Gnu / Linux, Windows, Mac OS, FreeBSD, iOS and Android.
- We can use AnyDesk for free without the need to provide private information. This tool is free for personal use. The paid version offers some major features.
- Supports international keyboards and is available in more than 28 languages.
- It has high frame rates. We can enjoy a fluid sequence of images on our screen with 60 fps on local networks and most internet connections.
- AnyDesk latency is less than 16 milliseconds in local networks.
- Tasks run smoothly, also with a bandwidth of only 100 KB / sec.
- He is able to compress and transfer image data between computers.
- We will have the possibility of track our contacts and connections with the built-in agenda, supervising who is online.
- We will can restart the computer remotely.
- The print remotely with AnyDesk it offers speed and suitability to work teams.
- Encryption technology. It has TLS 1.2 technology to protect our computer from unauthorized access.
- Verified connections. This program uses RSA 2048 for encryption asymmetric key exchange.
- We will have the possibility of control who has access to our whitelisted team of trusted contacts.
These are just some of the features of AnyDesk. Can be consult all of them in detail from the project website.
Install AnyDesk on Ubuntu 20.04
First of all, the first thing we should do is make sure all our team packages are up to date. This can be done by opening a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T) and executing the following commands in it:
sudo apt update; sudo apt upgrade
At this point, we can now proceed to install AnyDesk on Ubuntu 20.04. To start we will add the repository key to the list of trusted software vendors. We will do this with the command:
wget -qO - https://keys.anydesk.com/repos/DEB-GPG-KEY | sudo apt-key add -
Now let’s continue adding the PPA to our system running in the same terminal:
sudo echo "deb http://deb.anydesk.com/ all main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/anydesk.list
We can also add the PPA to our system by editing the file / etc / apt / sources.list.d / anydesk.list and inside add the text:
deb http://deb.anydesk.com/ all main
Once added, it only remains to save the file and close it. The next thing we will do is run the following command to update the list of available software from available PPAs:
sudo apt update
Now for install Anydesk from the repository, along with the dependencies, We will only need to execute the command:
sudo apt install anydesk
Once installed correctly, we can start Anydesk from the application launcher.
If you prefer not to add any more repository to your team, It also can download the corresponding .deb package AnyDesk from the project website.
When the application opens, it will show us our address, which appears under «This job«, And that we can send so that another user with AnyDesk can connect to our team. In case we want to connect our equipment to that of another user, we must write the address of the equipment of that other user in the box “Other job”.
Before connecting to the remote computer, it must accept the connection from a screen like the following:
Once the remote computer accepts the connection, on our computer we will see the screen of the remote computer in a tab of the Anydesk interface.
For remove the repository used to install this tool, we will only have to open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T) and execute the command:
sudo rm -rf /etc/apt/sources.list.d/anydesk.list
Now we can uninstall the program running in the same terminal:
sudo apt remove anydesk; sudo apt autoremove
With this we will have installed this remote desktop application correctly. For help or useful information, we recommend visit the official Web site by AnyDesk.