In December 1989 episode number one of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie’s family was broadcast, one of the most famous series of recent times. To celebrate its 31st anniversary, we leave you here a list of 31 curiosities of The Simpsons that only true fans know.
Curiosities of The Simpsons
This list contains the funniest anecdotes, curiosities of The Simpsons and phrases of the characters throughout more than three decades:
1. Matt Groening is the creator of the Simpson family and got a general idea of the series in just 15 minutes, while waiting in the hall of producer James L. Brooks office.
2. Groening got the names Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie and Patty from his own family, which are the names of his parents, sisters, and aunt.
3. The family name comes from the expression “the son of a simp” (“the son of a fool”).
4. The ages of the members of the Simpson family are as follows: Homer, 39, Marge, 34; Bart, 10; Lisa, 8 and Maggie, one year old. The data follows from The Complete Guide to the Simpsonsby Matt Groening himself.
5. In the United States there are many cities called Springfield, but it is not really known in which of them the series takes place.
6. In Iran, the sale of merchandise and figures from The Simpsons is not allowed.
7. The sound of baby Maggie’s pacifier was recorded by Groening himself.
8. Paul McCartney and his wife Linda put their voices in the episode titled ‘Lisa the vegetarian’, in 1995.
They only have 4 fingers!
9. Groening thought that yellow was the ideal color for his characters, as this would attract the attention of the amateur spectator. zapping.
10. Episode 1 of season 9 was called ‘New York City vs. Homer Simpson ‘ and it was disapproved.
11. All characters have 4 fingers, except God and “Jebus”.
12. When the DVD of the Yellow Family movie was released, the Empire state building it lit up yellow.
13. The full name of Milhouse, Bart’s best friend, is Milhouse Mussolini Van Houten.
You can also read: They will return! ‘Dinosaurs’ already has a release date
14. In the beginning the plan was that Krusty the Clown was the secret identity of Homer Simpson to arouse the admiration of his son in this way Bart. The idea was scrapped when the character of the clown began to acquire an identity of its own. That’s why they look alike!
15. The creator of the main theme of the series is Danny Elfman, if you are a fan of Tim Burton movies surely you remember him, since he is the main composer.
16. Mr. Burns has had everything from juvenile diabetes to psychological pregnancies. His age is a mystery, but it is estimated to be between 80 and just over 100 years old.
17. The characters with the highest IQ in the series are Professor Frink, Jeff the comic book salesman, Dr. Hibbert, Lisa Simpson, Professor Skinner, and CEO Lindsey.
18. Marge dyes her hair because she started to get gray hair since she was 15 years old.
19. Homer’s sparse hair forms the initials of Matt Groening.
20. Bob Patiño is one of the most fearsome villains in the series. His episodes have the same plot: Patiño escapes from prison and Bart and Lisa are in charge of preventing him from achieving his evil plans.
21. Throughout the series, several characters have passed away: Maude Flanders, Bleeding Gums Murphy, Mona Simpson, Fat Tony, Edna Krabappel, Troy McClure and Marvin Monroe among the most famous. Do you remember them?
The famous predictions
22. The Simpsons are said to have made “predictions,” but they are all just coincidences.
23. One of the strangest theories in the series is regarding Marge Simpson’s hairstyle: Groening is said to have been inspired by the Bride of Frankenstein character. But there is also a much rarer one, which suggests that it hides rabbit ears.
24. The “crazy cat” in her youth was a respectable student who earned a Diploma from Harvard Medical School and another in Law from Yale School.
25. Homer’s famous expression Oh! which you use every time you make a mistake, became part of the Oxford English Language Dictionary.
26. Kang and Kodos are the alien creatures that appear in some of the episodes of The Simpson. The names were taken from the science fiction series Star Trek: The Original Series.
27. The series has a Guinness Record as the television show with the most guest stars in history.
28. The first words the little Simpsons said were: Bart “oh my gosh”, Maggie “daddy” and Lisa “Bart.”
29. Orson Welles’s film Citizen Kane has been a source of inspiration when making many of the episodes of the series. For example in camera movements and ways of narrating.
Celebrities who have appeared on The Simpsons
30. Celebrities such as Lady Gaga, Barry White, Michael Jackson, Rolling Stones, Blink 182, Ramones, Aerosmith and symbols of the sport such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Pelé, Dan Marino and Mohamed Ali have appeared in the series drawn in the style of The Simpsons.
31. In 1998, Time magazine chose Bart Simpson as one of the most influential “people” of the 20th century.
Did you know all these curiosities of The Simpsons? Remember that you will be able to enjoy your favorite chapters of the last seasons on Disney +, contract it in your TELCEL Max Play Plan or add it to your current plan! #All in the same place
You can also read: ‘Shrek’ is already a cultural treasure in the US Library of Congress
The entry 31 years of The Simpsons! 31 curiosities of the series to celebrate them appears first on holatelcel.com.